Q: Q: Transmission filter

My cars transmission wont go past 1st gear (automatic). I dropped the trans pan and realized the trans filter is there. What caused this?

3. Q: Transmission filter

Q: car starst fine but as soon as you put in gear it shuts off what would cause this problem

First, try to keep the engine running by holding the idle up a little with the accelerator to see if it can stay running and the problem is not inside the transmission. If you can keep it running this way,...

Q: Idles fine in park But won't rev above 2,000 rpm and won't go over 30 mph. 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I usually start by doing a compression test on the engine first. If the compression is low then the engine may be worn or it may need a timing chain....

Q: Battery saver active 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hello - the Battery Saver feature tries to identify scenarios where the charging system is not keeping up with electrical load. If the battery is failing, or if the voltage regulator is not keeping system voltage high enough (13 volts...