Q: Q: Transmission

The owner of the 1993 Venture says that it starts up but has a terrible sound. Is replacing the transmission expensive or its not the transmission its something else.??

Many different components can cause a sound on startup. Engine accessories such as the belt, idler pulley, belt tensioner, and alternator are the most common causes of a noise on startup. Without more information, I see no reason to suspect the transmission at this time. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose the noise and perform any repairs required.

3. Q: Transmission