Q: Transmission 2003 Acura TL

Transmission breakage is common to Honda cars. How can I prevent my Acura from going out on its transmission computer? If and when it does, where could be your recommendation to take my car to have it fixed with reasonable charge?

Hello - the most common failure for this transmission involves 2nd gear, and inadequate internal lubrication to this gearset. There is a Honda Recall (#04V176000) that addresses this issue. The first task is to be sure this Recall repair has been made to your TL. This will ensure maximum reliability for your specific vehicle. Your Acura dealer can confirm this repair, whether you, or a previous owner, had it repaired.