Q: Transmission?

The car hangs up a little in first gear before shifting to second gear, especially when not up to temperature. Also, every once in a while, from a "rolling stop" , when I give it gas, the car sort of clunks down into first gear. Other than that, the engine sounds great and runs quiet and smooth, and shifting is very smooth. What do you think? Thank you so much.

Hello. Yes, your supposition would probably turn out to be correct on diagnosis. The transmission faults that would account for your shifting problems include faulty, or sticking shift solenoid(s) and/or other valves in the valve body in the transmission. Solenoids and valve body components can often be inspected and repaired without removing the transmission, so it is possible to get a definitive diagnosis without too much trouble. I encourage you to pursue a diagnosis through YourMechanic as it sounds like the car is in otherwise good condition.

3. Transmission?