Q: Transmision

I changed the transmission oil and filter the truck worked good for a little while and now it won't go any where when we give it gas.

There are many reasons why your F-150 won’t go when you give it gas. Unfortunately it is difficult for me to identify the source of your vehicle’s issues with such limited information. Some important details for diagnosing this would be knowing if the transmission was experiencing any issues prior to the transmission service and if the transmission is serviced regularly, as well as the mileage of the vehicle.

I have experienced vehicles with higher mileage with dirty transmission fluid shifting worse and in some cases fail all together. All of the gunk that has been building up and holding all the little clutches together gets washed away when you drain out the old dirty fluid and replace it with new fluid or have it connected to a machine that flushes the system entirely.

If your vehicle has higher mileage, like 120k+ it’s possible you have worn out parts or perhaps a blockage in the hydraulic system of the transmission preventing it from shifting. The problem may also lie with the gearshift itself. Sometimes it may appear that the vehicle is in drive but its really in neutral. You can try to see if you can shift into a different gear see if the vehicle moves.

It is also possible your engine is experiencing a loss of power duplicating transmission issues. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and have a look at your Ford truck. They will have the experience and tools needed to quickly determine why your car won’t go into drive and assist you on the repairs needed to get your F-150 running again.