Q: Transfer case not fully engaging in low

The transfer case will not fully engage in low range. It will shift into low range, but a warning beep will occur, and the truck will slip out of low range when under load.

A: The transfer case lock switch may be the ca...

The transfer case lock switch may be the cause of the transfer case not getting full engagement. The manufacturer has a technical bulletin to check the system by loosening the switch up and inspecting engagement, then, if okay, to replace the switch with a new part number that does not go as deep into the transfer case. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and check your car for you to verify the cause.