Q: Trans sensors

If the input/output Trans sensor get outta wacky will it feel like you been rear-ended & go into limp mode ??? No check engine lights, no codes retrieved thru a scan tool. Cut it off wait a couple of minutes & been running fine...should I have these sensors replaced or wait to see if it happens again

A: From what you describe it would appear th...

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle suffered some sort of serious issue, especially if it put the vehicle in limp mode. A few things that can cause the symptoms you describe are issues with the transmission, or with the engine management system. If restarting the vehicle made the issue go away I would wait and see if the issue returns. If it does, I would try to determine what the conditions are when the problem occurs.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic.