Q: Trans replaced or other issue

I replaced my clutch maybe 12000 miles ago. Used gl4 80-90 calling for 75-95. When driving it would kick out of 4th gear and almost impossible to get in reverse. Shortly after was very difficult getting into first and second to start off. Been noticing a leak which I think it's from one of the shaft seals( on the passenger side). After driving it like this for a while transmission fluid has has burning smell and now will barely accelerate in any gear. I'm thinking about replacing the transmission but wondering if it could be something minor before that

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, there is a combination of issues concerning the transmission and possibly the clutch again. The difficulty shifting and kicking out of 4th gear, would lead me to believe, the shift mechanism has been out of alignment since the clutch was replaced. This may have created undo pressure on the gears, resulting in excessive heat and burning the gear oil. Using the incorrect viscosity of gear oil, did not help. The axle shaft seal leaking, may just be the axle shaft seal is leaking. The vehicle barely accelerating in any gear, leads me to believe the clutch is slipping, again. I recommend having your vehicle's, possible transmission replacement be properly diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.