Q: Trans gasket/filter replacement

I recently had some work done to my care and believe they may have messed something up. my cars trans was completely flushed and then they said I need a new trans gasket and filter. The car now leaks trans fluid, which it didn't do before I took it there. Can I just have my gasket and filter replaced and use the same brand new fluid already in my car? If so, what would that cost? Thanks!!

A: This sounds like they may have not tightene...

This sounds like they may have not tightened up things properly when replacing the transmission gasket. Yes, I would suggest just having the gasket replaced, however this will require having to drain the new fluid that is in the car.

Depending on how long it has been since the fluid change, you may be able to take the car back to them and ask them to fix the leak if they have any kind of guarantee on their labor.

If they do not and you'd like a fresh pair of eyes on the situation, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the transmission fluid leak firsthand.