Q: tranmision fluid fair condition change 2 years ago. Should I chage it or not?

The van mileage is 236600 on occasions on the last shit to over drive it bumps, not all the time...It does not slips either. The fluid is light red and is full. Do you recommend to change fluid? I was told that the new fluid may cause it to start slipping. I'm not using it as much as before. I was driving it about 130 +/- a day. I want to keep it for local transportation, not that much miles no more. Please give me your thoughts... Thank you. Johnny.

A: If the fluid is light red and full, I would...

If the fluid is light red and full, I would leave it alone. You may cause more problems changing the fluid now. The bump into overdrive is the torque converter and transmission wear and should be left alone unless it gets worse or is a cause of concern, then you should have a mechanic look at it. They will most likely suggest a complete overhaul and a new torque converter based on the mileage of the vehicle. If you want a second opinion, you could have the shift condition diagnosed by a qualified professional, such as one available from YourMechanic.