Q: Tranfer case keeps cracking

I put in a new transfer case about two weeks ago because my old one was cracked completely through the housing. I took it to a repair shop and had a new transfer case put on now it has cracked again. What would be causing the transfer case to crack the way is cracking I've already been through two transfer cases in the past 3 weeks? Had shop check U-joints Yoke's rear drive shaft front drive shaft everything spins freely and no play in it and it just keeps cracking.

Hello. This is a very common problem with this design transfer cases of these years of Dodge vehicles. This is a design flaw that was fixed in newer versions of the transfer case. You can find many forums and complaints on the internet for this problem and the only fix I have seen is to try another one or JB weld the case crack. I do not recommend anything except replacement. Make sure to use the correct fluid for this transfer case and make sure it does not get low. Double check the driveshafts have good joints and any slip yokes are lubed.