Q: TPS failure

I have had 4 throttle positioning sensors replaced over a 3 year period: the 1st replacement (OEM) lasted - 1 yr and 1 month; the 2nd replacement (not OEM) lasted -1 month; the 3rd replacement (OEM) lasted1 yr and 2 months. What is causing the TPSs to fail so often?

In order to find out the cause of the many failures you will need to verify the voltage to the sensor is no more than 5 volts reference. If the sensor return wire is getting shorted between the tps connector and the ECM then it would burn out the sensor. Trace the wire harness from the engine to the ECM and look for chafed wire harnesses or wire harnesses out of normal position and getting burnt or cut into.