Q: Toyota Hiace 2001 steering pump bolt

The steering pump is connected to the engine block by two bolts. The front bolt has broken off and the hole the bolt would go into has actually broken so it looks like a "c" instead of an "o". The mechanic seems to think I might need to replace the hole engine block. This seems over the top. Do you think it could be welded or anything else? The steering pump just needs to be resecured instead of dangling by one bolt. Cheers

Hi there. You may need to have a piece welded back on if you can access the area without removing the entire engine to get to it. A good welder with the correct welder for the material of the area that is broken would be needed. It is a bit riskier to have it just welded instead of replaced.