Q: Toyota EMINA, gears have failed

Toyota EMINA model (Lucida). Gears have failed and car is stationary since 1 year. It is an automatic car, 2 front doors and 1 sliding door on left hand.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. To help yo...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. To help you, I’d like to know more information about your car and the problem. Without additional information as to the condition or symptoms of the vehicle prior to it being parked it may be difficult to diagnose without checking it out further. In an automatic transmission, there are many reasons it may fail ranging from a lack of vacuum to activate certain switches to a solenoid failure or even simply just being low on transmission fluid.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.