Q: Touching up paint chips on a 2009 Charger Super Bee

I've got an O9 Charger Super Bee. It's a limited edition car and I want to show it. I've got a couple of paint chips and I purchased a touch-up paint. Should I get a professional to do the touch up?

A: If you want to show it, get a professional ...

If you want to show it, get a professional to do it. You cannot touch up paint chips. Even a pro can't do it that well. Unless he sands down the whole area, buffs it up, and repaints the whole layer. The paint is put down in layers, and if you've got chips in it you cannot paint over it perfectly. When you paint over the chip, you are still going to see that dent.

That being said, some professionals are decent at sanding them down, filling them in, and painting the specific area. If they're able to blend it well, it can look very good. But if you want to show the car, you really want to fix the whole area. Don't try to do it yourself because, unless you are a true artist, it just can't be done. I've tried it myself on a car before and it didn't come out well so I gave up on trying. I let professionals do it for me when I need it done.