Q: top of radiator cracked, can I fill with water and drive four miles to a mechanic?

I have a cracked in the top of my radiator. Can I fill with water and drive it four miles to a mechanic?

It is not advisable to drive the vehicle as the engine may overheat and cause engine damage. You could tow it or have a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you and replace it where you are. If you do decide to drive it then you take the chance on overheating the engine. These engines do not like overheating due to the aluminum heads that are prone to warp if they get too hot. Given the risks of driving this vehicle, feel free to contact a certified professional who can come to your location and replace your radiator at your own convenience. Good luck!

3. top of radiator cracked, can I fill with water and drive four miles to a mechanic?