Q: Top makes high-pitched noise when moved - 2004 Cadillac XLR

I have difficulty moving the top on my car. It keeps making a high-pitched noise when it moves. I was told this might happen due to the low fluid level. I would add it, but I don't know what the reservior looks like or where it's located. Can you give me some suggestion where to look? Is there maybe something else that is causing this?

This is probably the correct advice. The retractable top pump and fluid reservoir is behind a carpeted panel (left, rear trunk area). Your Owners Manual should show the reservoir (Max/Min marks) and indicate the correct GM fluid to top it off. A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can correct this, and inspect your power steering.

3. Top makes high-pitched noise when moved - 2004 Cadillac XLR