Q: Top makes high-pitched noise when moved - 2004 Cadillac XLR

I have difficulty moving the top on my car. It keeps making a high-pitched noise when it moves. I was told this might happen due to the low fluid level. I would add it, but I don't know what the reservior looks like or where it's located. Can you give me some suggestion where to look? Is there maybe something else that is causing this?

A: This is probably the correct advice. The re...

This is probably the correct advice. The retractable top pump and fluid reservoir is behind a carpeted panel (left, rear trunk area). Your Owners Manual should show the reservoir (Max/Min marks) and indicate the correct GM fluid to top it off. A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can correct this, and inspect your power steering.