Q: Top engine ticking on a 2006 Mazda Miata

I have a 2006 Mazda Miata and recently the car has been ticking. The sound is coming from the top of the engine and it won't go away when I'm not on the gas. The car runs perfectly and feels the same with no smoke. Do you have any idea what it is?

A: Like I told to a guy with Honda--get your v...

Like I told to a guy with Honda--get your valves adjusted. Odds are the valves are just out of adjustment. That is why it sounds like it is ticking away. If you are hearing it coming from the top, then either the valves are out of adjustment or the follower arms and cams that are pushed on it are worn and ticking. First try the valve adjustments. If you are not that comfortable doing this, any good technician can come to adjust your valves.