Q: Tires spun and car won't go forward

Was at a green light. My tires spun on the green. And after something popped, my car won't go forward it was grinding when I tried to go forward. Gear shifts into gear fine and no check engine light. Tow truck driver jacked in up and put it into gear and could spin my front wheel with his hands. Other wheel didn't spin when he sounds one of them.

Hi, thanks for writing in. Usually, when you hear a clunking sound after the wheels were spinning it means that either the front drive axle was stripped or there is damaged inside the front transfer case. If the wheels spin freely while the vehicle is still in gear, I’d wager that it’s a problem inside the transfer case or the driveshaft. The only way to be certain is to contact a local mechanic who can visually inspect the vehicle and determine the precise source of the damage. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Tires spun and car won't go forward