Q: Tires I use just do not last long at all

The tires on my 2011 Honda Pilot have worn out pretty quickly, lasting only 23,000 miles. Should I switch to different tires or stick with what came stock from the factory? I don’t want to be replacing tires this often going forward.

A: The tires on your Honda Pilot were matched ...

The tires on your Honda Pilot were matched between the vehicle and tire manufacturer. Tires are rated by speed, temperature, and traction. The temperature and traction rating is A,B,C, with A being the best and C the worst. A tire rated with all A’s tends to give the best traction and temperature rating. The rubber compound is softer to get this rating. The softer the rubber, the lower the mileage you may get out of them. The speed rating usually does not affect how many miles you get before the tire needs to be replaced. I recommend going to your local tire store and discussing your desire to get a tire that has good performance ratings and a higher mileage wear out warranty. Check different tire manufacturers to compare various cost versus performance factors. You may find a tire to get the performance you want and a longer tread wear life than the original tires on your vehicle now.