Q: tires

i went out and baught 2 new front tires and when i got the sizes for them i got the sizes off the back tires and I'm not sure if that makes a difference anyway now with the 2 new tires on the front there is a vibration when i drive it and its having a hard time shifting any idea if its because i got the sizes off the back tires or not and is it okay to drive without messing up my vehicle

A: The proper tire size for your vehicle is 24...

The proper tire size for your vehicle is 245/70-16 and yes all four tires must be the same size and preferably should be replaced all at one time. If you buy two NEW tires, for safety reasons, the new tires must be mounted on the rear axle, not the front. So, the two already somewhat worn tires must go on the front axle. The reason the new tires vibrate is because they either were not properly balanced or the tires have excessive radial force variation, the latter simply being due to poor quality. The only way to guarantee minimum or no vibration is to buy really high quality tires such as Michelin and have them mounted on a road force balancer to keep the imbalance to a minimum. If you want to be sure your tires are balanced, here's a quick way to check, that you should request at the tire store: AFTER the technician balances the wheel/tire assembly and affixes any required balance weights, have the technician REMOVE the wheel/tire assembly from the balancer and re-position the wheel/tire assembly on the balancer by maybe 90 degrees. Run the balancer...if the wheel/tire assembly WAS in fact balanced in the first position, it should also read as balanced in the new position. If it does not, there is something wrong with the balancer and/or the wheel/tire assembly is not being properly mounted on the balancer. The difficulty you are reporting with the manual transmission is unrelated to the tires and thus the timing is mere coincidence. If you like, YourMechanic can evaluate the shift problem and further advise you regarding the vibration issue during a mobile visit to your home or office.