Q: Tires are wearing out from the inside

The back tires on my car are wearing out from the inside - only the inside. I was told that I need a chamber kit before I can get an alignment. Do you agree with that and what can I do to prevent any further wear of the inside of my tires?

A: If you are under factory warranty then you ...

If you are under factory warranty then you may be able to have the dealer correct the problem for you. The camber is too negative and will need an alignment. If a camber kit is needed then the dealer may install it for you if you have less than 12,000 miles. A camber kit is needed since the manufacture puts in a set camber angle to keen them from having to do an alignment on every vehicle that is on the assembly line. Your vehicle may be one of them that is different and needs the alignment done.