Q: Tips for taking the flywheel off.

i dont have an impactand i need totake the flywheel bolts off

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. You don’t need an impact wrench to remove a flywheel. You can use a breaker bar to remove the bolts. What you need to do though is remove the starter from the engine and take a flat tip screwdriver and put it into the flywheel and wedge it against the engine block.This will hold the flywheel in place when you break the bolts loose. You may need an extension bar attached to the breaker bar, but be very careful not to break the wrench or let the bar slip out. Once the bolts are broke free, then you can ratchet them off and remove the flywheel. I recommend replacing the rear main seal to the engine before putting on the resurfaced or new flywheel.

If you run into any issues or simply need some assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to inspect and service your vehicle. Best of luck.

3. Tips for taking the flywheel off.