Q: Timing off or plugs need replacing

My car is running rough. I think either the timing is off or the spark plugs need replacing.

Hello. The timing on your vehicle is not adjustable and should not be a problem. Most of the time this is caused by worn out spark plugs or a sensor that is not reading correctly. I would typically start by scanning the computer for codes to see if the computer is seeing any faults. Using the right scan tool will also allow me to see the sensor readings to see if any of the sensors are not reading right. It may also be dirty fuel injectors. If you are planning on having this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine why your car is running rough.