Q: Timing kit

Hi, I just replaced the complete timing kit on a 2003 Dodge Durango 4.7L and the timing kit went on easy it was TDC and and it starts up perfect so it is in time but when I start it it sound like the idler sprocket is squeaking? I'm trying to figure out what the squeaking is. Would you know what is squeaking?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your symptoms sound more like the idler assembly for the serpentine belt, which is spring-loaded, may be the source of the squeak, or the serpentine belt idler pulley - with a failing bearing. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.