Q: Timing chain kit installed by shop and still light ticking

Service shop said my gf oil smells like gas they are hinting towards a bad o2 sensor witch is causing it to run rich thus the gass is not burning off and ending up in the oil than they called back and said it's because now the valve covers and intake gasket is leaking and they want 298 to fix this is all after they replaced the timing chain and guides and tensioners mind you that we had to have the car towed back the same day we got it back because one of the tensioners they just put in was bad so this is the third time it's in there shouldn't they have inspected the valve cover gaskets and the intake gaskets when they had them off to do the timing chain and guides and tensioners I don't think we should have to pay

If they had any of the valve covers and intakes off they should of put in new gasket seals. I would ask them to lower or remove the labor since they should of replaced the gaskets when they removed them for the last job. They may have damaged the seals and now they leak. Just ask nicely and you may get a break on the labor. If they end up doing the repair make sure they change the oil and filter. If you would like an independent shop to take care of this for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the smell and perform any services that are needed.

3. Timing chain kit installed by shop and still light ticking