Q: timing chain

How long should it take for a mechanic to replace a timing chain? I understand the engine must be removed but I am not into over a week.

Hi there. It is very difficult to give you an accurate estimate of how long it takes to replace a timing chain; as there are multiple variables to consider such as damage done to the chain, gears or other internal engine components. However, if the job is being done right, a professional engine mechanic can replace a timing chain and supporting components within 10 hours.

3. timing chain