Q: Timing chain breakage

So the car I want to but the timing chain broke and I just want to know if it still worth the buy or not?

3. Timing chain breakage

Q: The engine light just started blinking and it would jerk once I've accelerated to 20 mph.

Based upon the symptoms you are describing, it sounds like you may have a faulty camshaft position sensor. The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers...

Q: Timing and cam phaser

Hi there. Assuming, the cam phaser/timing chain component repair was properly performed. The rough idle within two hours of picking up the vehicle may be, something has come loose (ie; a vacuum line). The repair facility should be willing to...

Q: Timing and crankshaft pulley 2003 Volvo S60

Hi there - you have probably not bent valves yet, but damage is not far away. Replacing timing belts on these engines requires fixtures to hold the crankshaft and camshafts in certain positions while changing the belt for this reason....