Q: Timing belt maintenance

With this particular car, I'm not sure how long it would take to replace the timing belt, or what tools are required. I just bought it 4k miles ago, and it seems the belt needs to be replaced. What tools are required, and with the help of another person with mechanic experience, about how long would it take to replace that belt? I'm looking to see if I can get it done within a day or so. And what general steps are required? I haven't done this particular fix before. Does it require taking out the engine, or is there another method of doing it?

A: The timing belt should be replaced at 100,0...

The timing belt should be replaced at 100,000 miles. It takes a professional about 3 hours to replace the timing belt on your model. A novice will easily require double that time and maybe much more if you break a bolt or make a mistake. The timing belt along with the tensioner and pulleys should be replaced. Typically, when the timing belt is replaced, the water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, front crank seal and camshaft seal should all be replaced at the same time because it is much more efficient to do all at one time. The 3 hour estimate does not include the time to those components. A precision, calibrated torque wrench is required and seal drivers are necessary to install the seals. YourMechanic can provide you with a complete estimate for all required work. If you would like help with this replacement, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to replace your timing belt for you.