Q: Tilting jeep in each direction.

When the car is put in reverse, you can feel the jeep seemingly shift its weight and lean to one side. However, when you engage drive, you can feel the jeep shift back to the other side. Is it just my springs or shocks on the one side?

A: The vehicle will seem to shift as the engin...

The vehicle will seem to shift as the engine torque output changes with the different gears. Badly worn shock or weak suspension springs or sway bar links may cause a little extra movement and you may notice the vehicle will learn a little harder during cornering. One way to check the condition of your shock absorbers is to rock he vehicle at each corner. The vehicle is to be jounced 3 times and you can observe how many times the vehicle rebounds until it settles. A general rule of thumb is about 3 rebounds and if you observe more, the shock absorber may be worn out. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the tilting to offer a more personal diagnosis.