Q: Q: Ticking sound

I was getting a ticking sound and seemed like the timing chain. I replaced the timingredients chain and guides and tensionersee. When I took the cover of the pass side chain was loose along the guide. So I put it back together and still getting the same tick when I rev it up. So I took it apparently and the chain is tight even after I turned the motor. While running I hear a straining sound around the fuel injectors. I can't fugure out where the tick is coming from now it still sounds like the timing chain.

Hello there. Typically a ticking noise is caused by one of two issues; timing chain that is damaged or not properly installed; or cylinder head components that are loose or not receiving the proper lubrication. This could be an oil pump problem you are having. If you’re completing all of your repairs and service, you might want to check the valve lash on the cylinder heads first, then verify the oil galley’s are not clogged with sludge or debris; as this is common with older engines like your 1999 Mustang.

3. Q: Ticking sound