Q: Ticking noise when turning hard - 2012 Subaru Impreza

When turning very hard, just below slipping there is an audible ticking noise coming from the wheel or wheels. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the cv joints?? Unrelated (maybe) I installed some ceramic brake pads with drilled and slotted rotors and they have always been loud braking but also under normal driving a ticking swooshing noise almost in time with where the slots in the rotors are. To be expected of installed incorrectly and should be replaced?

Hey there. I would start with inspecting the CV joints and axles as this is a common noise that can come from this area of the car when they are worn or need to be replaced. This may also be related to (potentially) a brake pad that may be hung up on a rotor. However, this would also likely produce more of a grinding sound as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the ticking noise and assist with repairs.

3. Ticking noise when turning hard - 2012 Subaru Impreza