Q: thumping noise in the engine and the RPM is almost at the big notch before the 0

Whats does it mean when you have a thumping noise coming from the engine? Could it be because i need a tune up? Or is there something else i need to change? It just started to do it when the engine light came on, on the dashboard!

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the check engine light being on, you will need to start there. Whatever is wrong with the vehicle is being detected, and the engine has set a code which will help steer you in the right direction. Reading these codes can be done by a technician, or often at your local automotive parts store. Once you have a better idea of what system is making the knock, you can take corrective measures. Thumping and knocking can be something as simple as an oil pressure issue, to and exhaust issue, to more extreme mechanical failures within the engine. It is very hard to tell without the information causing the check engine light. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. thumping noise in the engine and the RPM is almost at the big notch before the 0