Q: Thump when starting and stopping.

When starting to move - thump sound - then everything is fine. When stopping ( coming to a stop ) - get a thump sound- then all is okay.

Your noise can be something like a worn suspension bushing or loose component moving around beneath the vehicle when torque is applied when moving and released when stopping. Control arm bushings, worn shock absorber bushings or worn driveshaft u-joints are possibilities. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out, listen to the noise and take a closer look at the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Thump when starting and stopping.