Q: Throttle position ranges from 13% open to 75% closed on a '99 Eclipse

99 Eclipse. My throttle position sensor only ranges from 13% closed to 75% wide open throttle. I've a new PPS in order. Anything special I need to install? Should I expect that to fix the problem?

A: You can try that and see what happens. On t...

You can try that and see what happens. On those, you just bolt them on and see what happens - see what the data is. Of course, you'd want to clean the throttle too inside to make sure it is not sticking. But, once you do that, those things are self-adjusting and they should just run okay once you bolt the thing back on. That's how they are designed. They are not complicated like a GM where you've got to hook up a scan tool and do a bunch of re-formulating of it so it reads correctly. On those, you just bolt it on and you drive.