Q: Q: Throttle

my car was jerking one night, and the "change oil" light came on, so i got an oil change. after a while, the car jerking repeated once again, and the rpm's were in the red. now that i let the car sit, it's finally back at rest at 0, and at below 1 rpm while idling, i drove it around the block, hit 50 mph and the throttle seems to reset just fine. is my car safe to drive?

This may be a sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and replace the mass air flow sensor.