Q: This is Luis from Mesa, AZ. I have a 2000 Maxima. Temp gauge rises when coolant level is normal, but when level drops, gauge reads

When radiator is topped off, and reservoir is to max level, temp gauge rises over time, unless heater is on full blast. However there seems to be a leak, and when coolant level drops after about 3 days or so, temp gauge drops to normal again. So I'm wondering if a damaged coolant temperature sensor needs replacement. And regarding leak, when engine is cold or just hasn't been running after about an hour, white smoke comes from exhaust for about 10 seconds then disappears. Havent pressure testet radiator yet for leaks, but can this be a sign of possible internal leak? Engine oil shows no signs of coolant, and engine runs in great condition (168K miles). OBD does NOT give me any p0300 codes for misfires at all, though I made the mistake of running engine with aftermarket ignition coils for about 5 months, which triggered p1320 code before replacing with OEM coils. Thanks for your help.

3. This is Luis from Mesa, AZ. I have a 2000 Maxima. Temp gauge rises when coolant level is normal, but when level drops, gauge reads