Q: Things to get done before Winter sets in..besides tires. ABS and E Brake light also stays on. 2001 Durango

I want to get my vehicle ready for Winter. Besides tires, what else? Probably ready for a tune-up and fluid changes. What should I get done without costing an arm and leg. Also, my ABS and E Brake stay on all the time.

You are correct in that generally, you will want to make sure you have the appropriate tires on your vehicle for the weather conditions in which you live and drive in. Additionally, changing fluids and making sure you have the correct type of oil (viscosity) in the motor is also a consideration.

With regard to the ABS light remaining on, this is likely related to a faulty wheel speed sensor or ABS control module. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Things to get done before Winter sets in..besides tires. ABS and E Brake light also stays on. 2001 Durango