Q: I have thin red fluid leaking near the crank pulley when truck is turned off in my 2008 Dodge Ram

theres thin red fluid leaking from under the crank pully when i shut the truck off. comes out quickly but stops shortly after, i lose about a shot glass of fluid every time.

Hello. Most of the time when this occurs it is due to the water pump failing. The coolant in this engine is typically red in color and will be thin. It can be from the power steering but that is not too common. I would usually get under the vehicle and check the water pump for signs of leakage and in some cases I would need to pressure test the system to locate it, but it does sound like it is the water pump. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the leak is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/coolant-is-leaking-inspection

3. I have thin red fluid leaking near the crank pulley when truck is turned off in my 2008 Dodge Ram