Q: Thermostat gasket replacement

I don't believe my thermostat is bad, not having any overheating or irregular temperature issues just noticing a small amount of liquid around the top part of the thermostat. Had both upper and lower hoses replaced within last 6 months. Is that something you would be able to fix? Or is it better to just replace the whole thermostat?

A: Yes, you will be able to book a professiona...

Yes, you will be able to book a professional technician with YourMechanic to replace your thermostat. However, I wouldn't replace a gasket and not the thermostat because they come together and not separately. Plus, thermostats go out so often that you wouldn't want a technician replace the gasket and a few months later have the thermostat go out and have to pay the same amount of money twice. I would advise any of my customers, friends, or family members to have both changed at the same time.