Q: Thermostat replacement on my engine.

I don't have enough room to take the back lower bolt to take the thermostat off. What else do I take off to give me enough room. I was told that the intake manifold. Could you give me step by step instructions

The thermostat housing is held on by 2 bolts. The back bolt could be either removed by using a universal type of extension and tool on your ratchet, or removing the intake manifold to gain access to the bolt location. The intake seals will need to be replaced if you take off the manifold to prevent any vacuum leaks. If you need further assistance with your thermostat, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Thermostat replacement on my engine.