Q: Thermostat and Housing

I can get a thermostat without purchasing the housing for 2013 Honda accord 3.5L. You told me it only comes together!

Hi there. Although the parts might be available separately, it’s always best to replace the housing and thermostat as a single unit as opposed to installing a new thermostat inside an older housing. This reduces the chances of cooling system leaks, which will result in overheating and severe engine damage. Since most automotive manufacturers recommend to replace the housing, gaskets and hoses when you replace a thermostat, it’s best practices to complete that service.