Q: there is intake pushrods I broke two of them and bent the rest started to smoke and it smells like fuel what would cause this

There are eight intake pushrods I broke two of them and bent the rest the truck lost power it started to smoke white smoke that smells like fuel what would cause this and what should I do

Hi there:

In most cases, a push rod breaks or bends when there is a gap between the lifter and the push rod tip. This can happen if the valve hardware gap is too wide. Other issues that can cause this to occur is sludge or debris that is trapped in between other cylinder hardware components including lifters, retainers and keepers that are designed to maintain consistent valve "lash" or clearance. If you’ve broken or bent all of the push rods, you should have the cylinder heads completely rebuilt, as you’ve most likely have some cylinder head hardware issues, hydraulic lifter problems or valve guides that are damaged and need to be rebuilt. This isn’t a service we offer, but I’d recommend contacting a good local machine shop to help with with the cylinder head rebuild.

• there is intake pushrods I broke two of them and bent the rest started to smoke and it smells like fuel what would cause this