Q: There is clicking/rattling on the front passenger side and my car starts rolling forward/backward.

There is a kind of click/rattle on the front passenger side my car starts rolling forward/backwards. As well as my back driver side wheel seems to spin faster when I accelerate too fast. (Checked the tire tread and it looks good)

A: Hello. Most of the time, if you get a rattl...

Hello. Most of the time, if you get a rattling just when the vehicle is rolling, it can be a loose brake pad, a failing cv axle, or, if the vehicle is all-wheel drive, it can be in the transfer case or in the transmission itself.

I would usually get the vehicle in the air and inspect it for loose parts. If all of the parts appear to be fine, then I run the vehicle and listen for the noise. I would also check the manual transmission oil level to make sure it is not low. If it is, then this will occur. Typically the noise will show up then, at which point a repair can be made.

If you are thinking of having this rattling noise looked at, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose the rattling noise and repair it.