Q: There is a violent shaking once you start to go over 55 mph

It is fine driving the van when you are driving slow enough but once you start to accelerate and start to go 55 mph or more there is a violent shaking and it is controllable but it is violent. I am thinking it might be a drive shaft joint or something like that. I don't know much about engines so can you fill me in on your opinion thanks.

Hello. A high speed shaking such as this is almost always caused by a tire problem. Most of the time the tires just need to be rebalanced to correct it. It can also occur if you have a tire that is failing, meaning that the tread may be starting to separate from the tire.

If the tires are fine then the front suspension should be checked for loose parts or bad bearings. If those are fine also, it could be an engine mount or axle failure. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to properly diagnose your car’s shaking issue.