Q: There is a vibration only from a standing start.

There is a vibration that only occurs from a standing start. It stops after 5-10 mph. I replaced the CV axel on the passenger side front about 3 months ago. Could it be the motor or trans mounts? I'm hoping it is something that I can fix myself.

Hi there. When motor mounts are worn out, they typically will display more during idle than acceleration, so it is quite possible that this is the source of your problem. However, it could also be a vacuum leak or idle control valve issue. If you’d like to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help you diagnose this problem, we’d be happy to assist.

3. There is a vibration only from a standing start.