Q: There is a starting issue with my car and I need to find the starter and ignition relays - 2009 Vauxhall Corsa

(England) Hi, please could you tell me where to find the starter and ignition relays on a 2009 Vauxhall corsa 1.3cdti.

Hello, thank you for your question. The starter motor on your vehicle is located at the back of your engine. It will be towards the bottom of the engine, and is most accessible from the bottom. If replacing it at home, you will want to jack up the vehicle and support it on jack stands.

The starter is attached with two bolts, and will have a few wires you will need to detach as well. Always disconnect the battery before you begin working on the starter. The top bolt will be harder to access. You may need assistance from someone on this, so one of you can support the starter. As always, be careful with the bolts as you remove them. If they are dropped in the area you are working in, they may be very difficult to get out.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what the starting problem is and suggest any needed repairs.

• There is a starting issue with my car and I need to find the starter and ignition relays - 2009 Vauxhall Corsa