Q: There is a loud squeal coming from the front of my car when it is in motion.

When my car is in motion, there is a loud squeal that comes from the front end. Either a wheel or axle, bearing, I don't know. Occasionally there will be a burning smell after a long drive, as well. This noise started about 2 days ago and has progressively gotten louder. The brakes work fine and so does the steering. No noise from those.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is going to need a full inspection of the suspension and wheel components. Part of which will need to be done with the vehicle raised up off the ground. The goal is to find where excess play or obstruction is coming from. With that being said, there may end up being a variety of tests that need to be done. Often a process of illumination is the best way to find the cause. Recreating the noise can also help locate the component at fault. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• There is a loud squeal coming from the front of my car when it is in motion.