Q: Corrosion around my water pump 2001 Toyota Camry

There is a a lot of corrosion around my water pump what does that mean ?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there - while your water may not be the ...

Hi there - while your water may not be the source, there is a small leak of coolant onto the water pump which is the cause of the corrosion you mention. Modern coolants cause some oxidation of aluminum over time, even from the tiniest of leaks. While this leak may not be a problem, it will only get worse as hoses harden with age and heat from the engine. I would recommend a cooling system inspection to determine the source of the leak by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.