Q: There car is looking coolant, and now it will not accelerate, are these issues connected?

The car has been leaking coolant, and now the car will not accelerate over 15 miles/hr. It does change gears, so it can reverse and go forward; just not accelerate. Thank you.

Hi There, Your car may have gone into a "safe mode" or limp mode if the coolant level was detected to be below a minimum threshold by the computer. More importantly, if the coolant is leaking this will only get worse and should be looked at by a mechanic as soon as possible. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your coolant leak.

3. There car is looking coolant, and now it will not accelerate, are these issues connected?